she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
ULTRA DESERT: SK #3
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 15:59:26 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
19 involve following a trail of durant, or their underground mazes.

30 encounter mummified/well-preserved bodies of megalopolans who possess notes that suggest only ultra beasts lived here.

13 involve quicksand, secret passages, or being buried alive.

🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT (pheromosa/buzzwhole/kartana)
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 16:02:57 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","keiko11base"]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Worth exploring? She hoped so. "One way to find out," she said, following the opening to the underground that the obelisk left behind. [break][break]

She didn't voice her concern that they would enter the tomb and never come out. [break][break]

The tunnel was well-lit with torches. Small bug-like footprints adorned the ground, but occasionally, she saw a large human footprint. "Well, this looks intentional," she commented, given the torches, "but it also seems to primarily be a place for pokemon, right?"[break][break]

She followed the turns through the tunnel as it forced her to, until she met a fork. Was... was this a maze?

[break][break] | 19 involve following a trail of durant, or their underground mazes.[break]
[attr="class","rosepoke"]
[break]
[attr="class","rouxcredit1"]

[newclass=.keiko11base]font:12px roboto;--accent:#fd85e0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base]width:500px; padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2024 17:50:33 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","silverio"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

indeed, only way to find out, and it would not be by walking in the opposite direction. with his bearings gathered for the moment, silverio commenced his steps, albeit a bit shaken by his brief immobilization from just moments ago. but even so, he wasn't planning to sit out for the duration of this expedition.[break][break]

upon entering the depths below the ground's initial surface, he discarded his sunglasses, deeming the area too obscure of a view with them on despite the torches lit in lines along the walls of the tunnel. noting the footprints on the ground, most being too small to fit that of an average-sized human, silv would follow along to keiko's theory - suppose he wouldn't be the only one thinking of any possible scenarios.[break][break]

"you might be right, the question being what kind of a pokémon would wanna be running around down here..."[break][break]

faint sounds of footsteps upon reaching a fork in the tunnel, lots of them, from the right side. "you hear that...!? it's coming from that way...!"

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

prompts completed: 1 of 4[break]
sandslash has fainted[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]--accent:#052bed;[/newclass]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2024 18:14:46 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]Keiko's brow furrows at his concerns. "What are you hearing?" She strains her ears as they meander through the maze, but then she catches it. At first, it seems like buzzing. Then, she hears what is distinctly a slicing sound, like metal tearing through paper with precision. "What the hell sounds like that?"[break][break]

The sound's getting closer. [break][break]

"Slo' take the lead," she insists, and the Slowking bravely does. "Keep alert." She hopes the psychic will receive a premonition or some other sixth sense advantage against whatever's coming. Instead, however, the Slowking steps on a weird plate in the floor and the ground shakes once more, revealing some tunnel to their left. "Almighty Sinnoh, forgive me if I indulge in unhealthy vices after this trip." She needed a drink. [break][break]

She turned to Silverio with a reserved expression. "Visit the passage or try to find the source of the sound first?" The buzzing and slicing seemed to get ever closer, soon to converge on them.

[break][break] | 13 involve quicksand, secret passages, or being buried alive.[break]
[break]

[newclass=.keiko11base i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.rpost]width:500px;height:auto;border:1px solid #1a1a1a; background-color:#222; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rose]width:450px; max-height:100%; margin:20px 0px 20px 20px; padding:0px; background:rgba(26, 26, 26, .8); border-radius: 2%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rosepost]width:380px; height:auto; color:#eee; margin: auto; padding:20px; text-align:justify; font-size:12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit1]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2024 16:51:54 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"it could be..." was she hearing the same thing...!?[break][break]

probably not, but on no faults, safe to say. there were still many unknown variables to consider in these lands, the first being that massive obelisk, and whatever's making that obnoxious slicing sound being another, in tandem with multiple footsteps. like a buzzsaw carving through stacks of lumber. although, silverio could hazard a guess as to what may be causing it. "pokémon - a group of them, i'll bet."[break][break]

with keiko's slowking taking point, the team sought to get a clue as to what may be lurking in these depths, only for it to trigger...a trap!? no, an opening of sorts, towards the left of the fork. surely the events of today leading up to this point ought to be more than enough to trigger one's anxiety, of that silverio can agree on. suppose that keiko wouldn't be the only one looking to engage in any recreational indulgences after this expedition would be done with. "you and me both."[break][break]

the ranger met her gaze with a stern visage, perhaps a facade masking more growing concerns. "let's check the passage, although i'm pretty sure i heard footsteps coming from the other way, probably of other creatures..." and yet, the sound grew louder by the second. "if i'm right, then there's a chance that we may run into them sooner or later..."

NOTES

prompts completed: 2 of 4[break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.silverio]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".silverio .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 17:34:21 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]"If I'm right, then there's a chance that we may run into them sooner or later..."[break][break]

The moment his thought trails off, the inevitable happens. She stops short as a Phermosa steps into the path to block her passage. Behind her and Silverio is a cluster of Kartana. [break][break]

"Well," she utters as Slowking strikes at Phermosa with a headbutt, "what's a little pandemonium on this oh-so-uneventful trip?" Silverio's facing the swarm, and she's ducking out of the way of Phermosa's lunge, throwing herself to the ground. Slowking gets between her and the Phermosa as the UB strikes with a double-kick. He takes the kicks to the face, then growls and launches himself at her, wrestling the tall UB to the ground. [break][break]

Keiko's got Slowking's back, though, and she launches a pokeball at the UB as it prepares to bite him, interrupting its assault. "We can't go back the way we came," she states in a rush, since the opening to their secret tunnel is filled with Kartana. "We gotta go deeper before we can get out." She looks over to his end to see how well he's handling his swarm of paper-y UBs.

[break][break] | 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 19:23:12 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

as if they'd been waiting all day for a cue, the sources of the strange noises would instantly present themselves. on one end, a taller presence in the form of a ladylike bug of which keiko's slowking was pressed with the task of combating against. on silverio's side of things, a swarm of entities akin to origami projects rushdown the ranger, only for a few to be met with a fierce hydro pump from behind a few feet away, courtesy of the greninja. but just as quickly as some the folded-paper-like beings were being repelled, more of them came flooding the passage of whence he stepped in.[break][break]

soon enough, both he and his amphibian warrior were rapidly overwhelemed with a flurry of leaf blades, leaving the latter critically worse for wear. but there'd be some quick thinking on his trainer's part; from within the confines of his garment, clenched in one hand, a chained pendant glows vibrant gradial hue. "you've got this! hang in there!!" in a flash, the greninja emerges from the pile of moving paper in a revolutionary form, packed with a shuriken on his back.[break][break]

he swiftly launches an array of water shuriken at the tribe of paper monsters. then, as more of them rushed forward, their sacred swords would clash with a series of ice punches. while the ruckus ensued, silv unveils an empty pokéball from his back pocket and launches one at one of those papers in fell motion, assuming they were even classified as pokémon.[break][break]

no way out, other than to go further in!? "let's get moving then!!" the paldean sets a course away from the madness, with his mega-evolved greninja continuing his own assault to keep the alleged origami knights at bay.

NOTES

prompts completed: 3 of 4[break]
greninja mega evolves[break]
silverio attempts to capture a kartana

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 14:51:06 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She spares a single precious moment to look back at his mega evolved Greninja, awed by its appearance and its power as it used ice punch to clear much of the swarm. "Yeah," she repeats as she turns back to the depths of the tunnel, "deeper it is!" [break][break]

She moves down the path as quickly as possible, attentive of any stones jutting from the walls. The tunnel eventually drops into a large, circular room. There are no durants, though she recognizes their little footprints here, too. [break][break]

There are bodies around the room, but it is immediately clear that they're dead despite their immaculate condition. It looks like they could have died just minutes ago, but she knows in her heart that this is not the case. The bodies are blue in hue, and their clothing is strange, so she knows these are megalopolans. What that means, she can't really say. Her understanding of these rifts is too fresh to understand that they're almost like snapshots into megalopolan life, to some degree or another. [break][break]

Her hand hovers around her camera. It feels wrong to take pictures of this, but it also feels like something they ought to document. She looks to Silverio questioningly - what is his take?

[break][break] |[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 16:23:58 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

with no means of escape, at least for now, venturing further within the sands' depths sounded to be the most viable option. despite the risks and the dangers that he and his companion have faced already to this point in time, there was still much about the rifts and other phenomena that silverio sought to learn about - and also to tell stories of, to his family back in paldea, in writing.[break][break]

only a few steps behind keiko, with mega greninja in tow, mindful of any other potential hazards that the tunnels may present to them, the road leading to a rounder confinement on a far wider scale. no other creatures in sight, but the small footprints was a clear indicator that, whatever they are, they've been here recently. "these look fresh..." the footsteps, rather. not to mention the mass of oddly-colored carcasses all laid out about the room.[break][break]

"it's like something, or someone, is trying to salvage these bodies and preserve them. for what reason? i can't even imagine..." now this? definitely something worth the effort to write home about. furthermore, a means to advance his studies, perhaps? silverio motioned to inspect one of the bodies, noting a small book protruding from its unorthodox attire. he carefully moved to grab it. a tad dusted, but legible.[break][break]

skimming through its lightly torn pages, he'd see writings that describe what could vaguely be referred to as...[break][break]

"beasts...?" like the one-foot-tall walking origami pieces he had encountered just moments ago? were there more of them...!?

NOTES

prompts completed: 4 of 4[break]
greninja has mega evolved[break]
✦ 30 encounter mummified/well-preserved bodies of megalopolans who possess notes that suggest only ultra beasts lived here.

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/her
April 7
celestic town
bisexual
mail courier
cadet
5'8 height
5'8 height
awards
215 posts
keiko mori DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @keiko
keiko mori
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 18:10:20 GMT
keiko mori Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rpost"]
[attr="class","rose"]
[attr="class","rosepost"]She sucked in a sharp breath as Silverio touched the book. Death wasn't something you could catch, but the sight still made her reel back. She whined nervously at the back of her throat, hesitant, but she stepped closer anyways to look beside him at the book's contents. [break][break]

Perhaps these people had been studying the odd creatures in these rifts. [break][break]

Had they been killed for doing so? Or did the bodies predate the author, and someone else had documented the beasts while preserving the folks that had once lived along side them. The chronology was unclear. [break][break]

"We need to get out of here..." Should they take the book with them? Was that unethical? The research could be valuable, but it would also be contaminating the site, wouldn't it? Behind her, a tear appeared in space, a new rift opening that connected their realm to Hoenn. The spontaneity terrified her, but... why look a gift Rapidash in the mouth?

[break][break] |[break]
[break]

close tab

played by

Dynamo

Silv, Silvi
He/Him
Twenty-Six
May 1st
Montenevera, Paldea
Heterosexual
Scholar
Senior Ranger
awards
274 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dynamo1
silverio delfino
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 18:48:59 GMT
silverio delfino Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

the contents of this book are indeed worth recording, for it's something that silverio could want to look back on when theorizing about other possibilities presented by rifts in time and space. and as if it were waiting for a cue, like a safari warden making a call for guests to retreat, a fresh crack in dimensions has opened up behind the adventurous duo.[break][break]

as for the book containing material potentially carrying high value, what to do with it? for a moment, silv was tempted to ask keiko for a photo of this discovery, but thought better of it. history of any should be remembered, celebrated, and not tampered with, after all. with that in mind, he slipped the material back underneath the carcass's attire, then turned towards the rift.[break][break]

"right...on to the next one..." to another realm waiting to be explored, that is...perhaps...

NOTES

prompts completed: 4 of 4[break]
we outta here, gg's! thanks for coming![break]
---

[googlefont=Montserrat]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB